[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Notification/Action Triggers and Family (Group) Accounts

Janet Royer janetr at ci.burlington.wa.us
Fri Dec 13 11:32:37 EST 2013

" From a technical standpoint, the easiest way to group users is with Save & Clone during registration, and when you do that, mailing addresses are linked and shared between the users (so that, for example, if you edit the address on the originating account, the changes will effectively propagate to the linked users).  Phone numbers are also copied over by default.  Email address is not. "

Jason, we have not found this to be true but would certainly like for it to happen.  Is there some setting we need to change to make this happen?  We do find that at registration Save & Clone, the fields are populated.  However, if changes are made to an account later those changes only reflect on the account changed and are not propagated to the other linked accounts.

Janet Royer
SysAdmin/Circ Supervisor

Burlington Public Library
820 E Washington Ave