[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Notification/Action Triggers and Family (Group) Accounts

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Fri Dec 13 12:04:33 EST 2013

> Jason, we have not found this to be true but would certainly like for it to happen.  Is there some setting we need to change to make this happen?  We do find that at registration Save & Clone, the fields are populated.  However, if changes are made to an account later those changes only reflect on the account changed and are not propagated to the other linked accounts.

To be clear, this is just with addresses.  An address thus linked will
show up "read-only" on a linked patron and will have a blurb saying
"This address is owned by another user:" followed by a hyperlinked
user name, allowing you to bring up that account.  If you don't see
that blurb, then the address may be linked to other people, but is not
itself a linked address coming from someone else.

An address linked like that only exists in one specific place in the
database, so if you change it through the owning account, any linked
users will effectively get those changes.  However, if you have a view
of such a linked user already loaded, you'll need to refresh that tab.

Does this help?  To complicate things, a potential gotcha is that the
linking of addresses is actually orthogonal to the grouping of
patrons.  So you can, for example, remove a patron from a family group
and still have them using a linked address.  You can delete a linked
address from a patron and it won't hurt any other users sharing or
owning that address.

--
Jason Etheridge