[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] transferring reports to another user

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Tue Dec 24 13:23:17 EST 2013

> I am the Evergreen administrator for our library, and as such, I create and
> use reports. I am retiring at the end of the year and being replaced by
> another administrator. How do I transfer/copy the reports I have created
> over the past few years, to the new administrator’s account?

James, the general strategy would be to delete your original account
in the staff client while using a different account, and have it
prompt you to relocate various bits like reports to a new user.  There
are three conditions your old account will have to meet for this to
work.

1) You'll need the STAFF_LOGIN permission to be granted to the old
account.  Some admin accounts make due with the EVERYTHING permission,
but the staff client looks for STAFF_LOGIN to determine whether the
account being deleted is a staff account or not.

2) Related, the account will need at least one Working Location
configured for the permission to work.

3) You'll need to make sure the super_user flag on the user is set to
false.  This can't be done within the staff client (well, you can
check but not change via Reporting, but ignoring that...), but can be
done the database:  psql> UPDATE actor.usr SET super_user = false
WHERE usrname = 'admin'; -- for example

You don't need to set super_user for your replacement.  Some of us
want to remove that flag completely from Evergreen, and solely rely on
the regular permission mechanism.

It'll also help but is not strictly necessary for all of the accounts
transactions to be closed (items returned and fines paid) on the old
admin account.

So assuming all of that is squared away, you login as a different
admin user, retrieve the original admin account, and select Other ->
Delete Patron Account.

You'll get a prompt saying "Completely OBLITERATE this patron account,
including bills, payments, bookbags, etc?  This is IRREVERSIBLE.".
There's a checkbox you have to select prior to using the Delete
Account button on the prompt.

The next prompt will say "The user you're attempting to delete has
STAFF_LOGIN priviledges.  Please enter the barcode for a destination
user to receive the deleted user's miscellaneous staff artifacts
(reports, etc.):"

<ah, there's a typo there, har, need to fix that>

And here you enter the barcode (not the username) for the new account.
 The process will abort if it can't find the user, so no worries.

After deleting the user, the screen will attempt to refresh and an
outstanding bug will throw a harmless ACTOR_NOT_FOUND alert.  The user
still technically has an entry in the database, but all links to it
have been broken and identifying data has been replaced.  For fun,
select Circulate -> Retrieve Last Patron to see what this looks like.

And that's it.  Hope it helps, and Merry Christmas. :-)

--
Jason Etheridge