[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Proposal to change Evergreen versioning scheme

Rogan Hamby rogan.hamby at yclibrary.net
Fri Jan 4 15:55:20 EST 2013

I will concur with Lebbeous that library directors  do learn about
PostgreSQL and Linux - not in the same way, not based on the same data
points that a systems administrator does but they do.  And that's a bit of
my point, the versioning is a data point short cut for them, a short hand
if you will to communicate things that we sit down and dig in more depth
for.  And I say we here, but my day job is actually not IT but as an
administrator (HR, ordering books, etc...) and I can tell you that
directors and others are interested in FOSS and they do know names like
Linux and SQL.

--
Rogan Hamby

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit
me."
-- C.S. Lewis <http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1069006.C_S_Lewis>