[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Implementing and using Evergreen Serials

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Tue Jan 15 14:22:55 EST 2013

Hi Jennifer,

You may want to look at the documentation at
http://docs.evergreen-ils.org/2.3/_serials.html instead of the link you
found. It looks fairly similar, but the official docs is where any new
serials functionality will be updated. For example, the "Group Serials
Issues in the Template Toolkit OPAC" documentation is there and provides
an alternate method to display serials information in your catalog. When
I was first using serials, I found the documentation very helpful and
easy to follow.

As far as workflow, I don't know if this is the case with all of our
libraries, but I think many prefer to use the alternate serials control
view to create their distributions and prediction patterns, but then
prefer to use the serials control view when receiving issues. It's also
good to know that special issues can only be created in the alternate
serials control view.

We do have some wishlist items and bugs that we've come across. Most of
these can be found at (sorry for the incredibly long URL):

https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bugs?field.searchtext=&orderby=-importance&search=Search&field.status%3Alist=NEW&field.status%3Alist=CONFIRMED&field.status%3Alist=TRIAGED&field.status%3Alist=INPROGRESS&field.status%3Alist=FIXCOMMITTED&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITH_RESPONSE&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITHOUT_RESPONSE&assignee_option=any&field.assignee=&field.bug_reporter=&field.bug_commenter=&field.subscriber=&field.structural_subscriber=&field.tag=serials&field.tags_combinator=ANY&field.has_cve.used=&field.omit_dupes.used=&field.omit_dupes=on&field.affects_me.used=&field.has_patch.used=&field.has_branches.used=&field.has_branches=on&field.has_no_branches.used=&field.has_no_branches=on&field.has_blueprints.used=&field.has_blueprints=on&field.has_no_blueprints.used=&field.has_no_blueprints=on

Or you can use the shortened URL: http://bit.ly/V2xaMm

None of them jump out at me as being worthier of mention than others.

Also, Lebbeous and Dan Wells are always super helpful if you come across
any questions or problems as you try to set it up.

Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions.

Kathy

Kathy Lussier
Project Coordinator
klussier at masslnc.org