[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Evergreen web page for paid support vendors

James Keenan jkeenan at cwmars.org
Wed Jul 10 07:54:10 EDT 2013

Hi All,

I like the idea of using something similar to the Koha guidelines to start with.

I also like the idea of caveat emptor embodied in the opening paragraph of the existing page. http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=faqs:evergreen_companies In the end, everyone must do their own due diligence.

I don't remember if anyone has suggested that any company that has been listed must have at least one client where the work done equals the services offered (in other words, don't list migration if you've only done OPAC customization, or implementation when all you've done is connect some 3M self-check machines.). I would also rather not see entries on the list from companies who are only fishing for business in the Evergreen community but who aren't already actively engaged.

Rogan presented some thoughts about how annual registration and reference confirmation would cast the web team in an altered role, acting a little like an Evergreen Better Business Bureau. I think that annual registration and reference confirmation are good ideas but maybe the web team shouldn't be doing this. Maybe there should be a separate group that does this and then provides the web team with the information for the listing.

Jim

Jim Keenan
Library Applications Supervisor
jkeenan at cwmars.org<mailto:jkeenan at cwmars.org>
508-755-3323 x23

C/W MARS
67 Millbrook St., Suite 201
Worcester, MA 01606

P   Save a tree! Please don't print this e-mail unless it's really necessary.
Currently reading Surfaces and Essences by Douglas Hofstadter & Emmanuel Sander
Currently also reading Time Warped: Unlocking the Mysteries of Time Perception by Claudia Hammond
Just finished The Venture of Islam, Vol 1 by Marshall Hodgson