[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Search Filter Groups

Bill Erickson berick at esilibrary.com
Thu Jul 11 15:51:44 EDT 2013

On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 10:33 AM, Elizabeth B. Thomsen <et at noblenet.org>wrote:
<snip>

One more question on the speed of search issue -- is there a difference
> here between using a copy location in a search filter group and using one
> as a scope in the location selector?  We currently have some location group
> scopes that include very long lists of copy locations, and don't have speed
> problems with them.

There is no difference.  They both boil down to a search query string with
a location_groups(...) filter.

> For example, we have a copy location group that's called All Children's
> Locations in the location selector and it works fine.  Would there be any
> reason that it would be slower if used in as in a search filter group for
> audience as an alternative to working with the MARC audience fixed field?

Well, filtering on a MARC field is probably faster than filtering on copy
data, but if the "All Children's Locations" works fine in the location
selector, it will also work fine in a Search Filter Group entry.

-b

--
Bill Erickson