[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Question regarding patron phone numbers for holds

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Wed Jun 19 16:51:58 EDT 2013

> We are working on migrating our patron data from our old system into
> Evergreen. We have a number of patrons with three phone numbers, and
> Evergreen accommodates that very well. However, we are wondering what
> information Evergreen provides when hold notices are triggered - daytime
> phone, evening phone, other phone or all three?

It should be using the phone number entered by the patron at the time
of hold placement, which by default is populated with the daytime
phone number, but can be changed to any number, even one not on the
patron's account.  Email works a bit differently; it'll use the email
address on record at the time of the notification.

--
Jason Etheridge