[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Evergreen Staff Client Prototype Project

Marc Truitt mtruitt at mta.ca
Mon Oct 21 13:32:37 EDT 2013

On 10/21/2013 01:44 PM, Bill Erickson wrote:
> As many of you know, the Evergreen staff client is built on a product
> called XULRunner, which is no longer considered a viable long-term option
> as a software platform.

Hi Bill,

First time poster here, so please forgive what is likely a silly newbie
question:

For those of us who are new to or simply evaluating Evergreen, would you
mind providing a q+d resume of why XULRunner is "no longer considered a
viable long-term option as a software platform"?

Many thanks!

- mt

Marc Truitt
University Librarian                voice  : 506-364-2567
Mount Allison University            e-mail : mtruitt at mta.ca
Libraries and Archives              fax    : 506-364-2617
49 York Street                      cell   : 506-232-0503
Sackville, NB  E4L 1C6

"And my favorite request for the year was to change the call number of
something in the PNs to the Zs -- because we don't have any more room
in the PNs.  And no one wants to shift books in order to accommodate."

-- C. Baker, posting to Autocat electronic discussion list, 19 Sept 2013