[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Library Shortname

Rogan Hamby rogan.hamby at yclibrary.net
Fri Sep 6 12:56:36 EDT 2013

This question seems so straight forward I feel like I'm missing something
but at the risk of looking a fool I'll respond.  Library short names are
static.  They're actually held in the actor.org_unit table though usually
libraries will know what their short names are as well since they show up a
lot (holds reports, routing slips, etc...).  Since they're not dynamic just
asking the libraries or getting a copy from the db table will let you know.
 They can be changed but it's not done very often unless a library system
discovered they really painted themselves into a corner with some choice
they made.

--

Rogan Hamby, MLS, CCNP, MIA
Managers Headquarters Library and Reference Services,

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit
me."
-- C.S. Lewis <http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1069006.C_S_Lewis>