[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Question about messages on patron accounts

Erica Rohlfs erohlfs at esilibrary.com
Thu Apr 10 17:03:29 EDT 2014

Hi Deana!

Are you referring to the notes/alerts/blocks listed under Messages within
the patron account? You can control how far out into your system staff
members see these notes and alerts under Standing Penalties. Admin -> Local
Administration -> Standing Penalties. You will want to specify the
org_depth for the penalty in question. What I am noticing, though, is that
the adjustment to the org_depth does not retroactively make the notes
visible further out in the system. It will only apply to the notes or
alerts I add after I adjust my org_depth. Perhaps others out there know a
trick or two to get the older messages to display further out into your
system?

Does this help?

Erica

--