[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Items not checking in?

Andrea Buntz Neiman aneiman at kent.lib.md.us
Fri Apr 11 14:37:29 EDT 2014

On 4/11/2014 2:28 PM, McCanna, Terran wrote:
> Agreed. Staff going too fast and not watching the screen has been an issue with every ILS in every library I've ever worked at, and it's not surprising if they're at the desk because they are so often trying to multitask.

Exactly this.  Plus, if you use alert messages/check-in notes, these
have to be clicked through/tabbed through before you can resume scanning
items.  The vast majority of our missed checkins come from this or some
other form of PEBKAC.  We're pretty generous with the use of Claimed
Returned (which TBH doesn't totally alleviate the customer service
issue), but I'm constantly telling circ staff to SLOW DOWN AND PAY
ATTENTION!

A.

Andrea Buntz Neiman, MLS
Librarian II, Public Services