[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] 099 / 090 / 050

Yamil Suarez ysuarez at berklee.edu
Fri Aug 1 10:48:00 EDT 2014

Donald,

We also use LC call numbers and to see the change you are talking
about in the create volume, here is what we did.
We made a change to the table "asset.call_number_class" in the column
called "field" using SQL...

from stock values of...

select * from asset.call_number_class;

 id |           name           |           normalizer           |
                          field
----+--------------------------+--------------------------------+---------------------------------------------------------------------
<snip>
  3 | Library of Congress (LC) | asset.label_normalizer_lc      |
050ab,055ab,090abef

To what we have now...

 id |           name           |           normalizer           |
                          field
----+--------------------------+--------------------------------+---------------------------------------------------------------------
<snip>
  3 | Library of Congress (LC) | asset.label_normalizer_lc      |
090abef,050ab,055ab

I used some SQL along the lines of (if I recall correctly)...

UPDATE asset.call_number_class SET field = ''090abef,050ab,055ab'
WHERE normalizer = 'asset.label_normalizer_lc'

Though in your case you might want to use something like to put the
099 before the 090...

UPDATE asset.call_number_class SET field = ''099XYZ,090abef,050ab,055ab'
WHERE normalizer = 'asset.label_normalizer_lc'

NOTE: I don't know the subfields values for the 099 tag off the top of
my head, so I put "XYZ" as placeholders. You will need to look up the
proper subfields for the 099.

Good luck,
Yamil

--