[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Z39.50 errors (timing out?)

Tony Bandy tonyb at ohionet.org
Tue Jan 14 11:25:08 EST 2014

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to check-in with the list and see if anyone else has ever seen any inconsistent Z39.50 "network errors" on their Evergreen clients when attempting to import records?  I've seen a few messages on the list from around 2010, but nothing really new.  We're running 2.4.2 and some of our libraries are reporting in with these network errors.  There's really no consistent pattern that we've been able to discern here.

Usually a workaround that's been having fairly good success for us so far is to uncheck all of the remote Z39.50 servers and then re-add them one at a time (instead of initially selecting the entire group up front).

Any ideas would be most appreciated!

--Tony

Tony Bandy
tonyb at ohionet.org<mailto:tonyb at ohionet.org>