[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Conference Planning Committee for 2015 Conference

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Fri Jun 6 17:23:43 EDT 2014

Hi all,

Previously, most of the planning for Evergreen conference has come from
the local group that hosts the conference each year. There is typically
a separate programming committee made up of local planners and other
community members, but the overall planning for the event venue,
promotion, finances, etc. have been handled by a different group of
volunteers each year.

The Evergreen Oversight Board is now looking at creating a standing
conference planning committee so that the local folks don't have to
reinvent the wheel when planning each conference. It might also provide
some continuity for conferences year to year and help the local planning
folks by having people who have previously planned Evergreen conferences
fully engaged in the planning process.

We are looking for the following representation on the standing
conference committee:

2 or 3 reps from previous conferences
one Board member - If one of the other reps is also a Board member, that
person could serve in a dual role.
1 or 2 at-large community members
1 vendor rep

Any number of local reps from the host institution/city will also serve
on the planning committee each year.

If you are interested in participating on the committee, please let me
know.  If there is an
overwhelming response, those who volunteer first will get first priority.

Thank you!
Kathy

--
Kathy Lussier