[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Tag 880 indexing for CJK characters

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Mon Sep 15 14:22:31 EDT 2014

Hi Agatha,

You might want to start off by looking at the instructions for adding a
MARC field to your indexes:
http://wiki.evergreen-ils.org/doku.php?id=scratchpad:random_magic_spells#how_to_include_a_specific_marc_field_with_a_specific_search_class

You'll follow the same basic instructions for indexing the CJK fields,
but with some small differences.

* Instead of using marcxml for the format as shows in the example on the
wiki page, you'll need to use marc21expand880 as the format.
* When identifying the tag to be indexed, you want to identified the tag
that the 880 field is linked (e.g. 246 in the example record Elizabeth
linked to).

As an example, for one of the config.metabib_field entries used in the
NOBLE catalog to add relevant 880 entries to the title search:

* The field_class is title
* The xpath is //marc:datafield[@tag='130' or @tag='240' or @tag='246'
or @tag='730' or @tag='740']
* The format is marc21expand880

Just a note that this entry will index those fields in all of your MARC
records, even if they do not contain an 880 field.

I hope this helps!

Kathy

Kathy Lussier
Project Coordinator