[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Non-Public Copy Notes

Sarah Childs sarahc at zionsvillelibrary.org
Wed Aug 5 14:59:03 EDT 2015

That's my understanding. Whenever I place a hold on a particular copy for
some reason, I use private copy notes to jog my memory about what I need to
do with that item, since it can be a few weeks before the hold is filled.
That is to me useful since I know it is there to look for it.  You can also
generate reports that contain them, so they could be used for projects. On
the whole, though, I agree with you, they are not particularly useful,
since other staff will never see them unless they specifically seek them
out, and it is very tedious to access them.

I've always thought it would be very helpful if there was an option for
copy notes in the column picker. I could use it for checking my public copy
notes without viewing every item in the OPAC, and it would make private
copy notes much more readily visible to staff.

--
Sarah Childs
Technical Services Department Head
sarahc at zionsvillelibrary.org