[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Motion to deactivate the "evergreen-admin" mailing list

Grace Dunbar gdunbar at esilibrary.com
Fri Jan 16 11:37:07 EST 2015

I am in agreement with Kathy on this as well.

To respond to Ruth's question of "...does it hurt anything to have it no
matter how active/inactive it is?  Does it cost anything?"
I think the issue is that perhaps some of our most experienced community
members feel that they are subscribed to a generous amount of Evergreen
specific lists already.  I know for a fact that some of our best resources
chose not to subscribe to that list  - perhaps because they felt it was
redundant, I can't say.  So, there is a risk of "hurting" people in the
sense that they may not get their questions answered well or expediently
via the sys admin mailing list and that will lead them to believe we just
don't care.  And I like to believe that we care quite a lot.  So, I'm a +1
for making the dev list more of a technical list which can be inclusive of
sys admins and concentrating our knowledge/skills there.

Of course, that's just my $.02.
:)

Grace

--
Grace Dunbar, Vice President
Equinox Software, Inc.  -  The Open Source Experts
gdunbar at esilibrary.com
1-877-OPEN-ILS    www.esilibrary.com