[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Holding Subfields

St. John, Leslie lstjohn at georgialibraries.org
Tue Jan 27 12:30:39 EST 2015

Although Acquisitions related questions tend to not get answered, I'm putting this out here anyway in hope of hooking someone.....

On the advice of several Acquisitions users to include line item id's and/or purchase order id's in EDI communications with vendors we created a consortial standard for our Holdings Subfields and now need to add a couple more fields to the holdings subfields list of name values that is used to set up this information in the Provider record. It seems as if this is turning into an project that shouldn't be so complicated. If you are using Acquisitions, how are you transmitting the line item id or PO id back and forth between the library and vendor? and if you had to add this to the holdings subfields mapping how did you do it? Please and thanks to anyone willing to take the time to answer.

Leslie

--
Leslie St. John
PINES Consultant