[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Help With Structuring a Lost Item Return/Fine Situation

Elisabeth Keppler keppleep at forsyth.cc
Thu Jul 9 09:12:41 EDT 2015

Forsyth County (NC not Georgia) tried the Lost and Paid Status for a week
and reverted to regular Lost status.  If a patron finds and returns an item
that was marked lost and for which they paid the replacement charge, Lost
and Paid prevents us from checking the item back in and issuing a refund to
the patron.  (Our patrons have one year from the date an item is marked
lost--after that, no refund.)  With the right library settings, you can use
an override to check in a Lost and Paid item but we prefer not to have
service desk staff use overrides if we can possibly avoid it.

Thanks,
Lise

--
Lise Keppler, Technical Services