[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] what data do I pull from for a circ by subject report

Walz, Jennifer jlwalz at asbury.edu
Mon Jul 20 15:32:25 EDT 2015

All –

Ok.   So what is the difference between Aged and Active?   And why are not all circs just circs?   If the item ever went out, isn’t it counted as having circulated?

Any further advice on this report is welcome.  I have not really started working with it yet except to look at what Rogan suggested.

  My source was “Circulation” from the drop down list of Sources.
     My base filters were:    Check out Date / Time (selecting between year+month)  and Org ID
        Still not sure how to select call number range, but was going with  Item – Call # / Vol – Call# label and choosing “between”

  My displayed fields so far are:  Circ Library, Circ count, and Call number Label.

I would really like to get the call number “group” rather than exact call numbers.   Anyone have any ideas about that?   In other words, if an item has a call number of 365.4988 F45c  it would fall in the 300’s group.       My idea is to use the “between” transform and run a report for each call number 100’s range.   If there are other options, I’d like to know.   It would be great to get an aggregate TOTAL of all items that circulated within the 300’s for the current date range (i.e. year).

  Thanks!

Jennifer
Jennifer Walz, MLS - Head of ILS reports madness
Kinlaw Library -  Asbury University
One Macklem Drive, Wilmore, KY 40390
859-858-3511 ext. 2269
jlwalz at asbury.edu