[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Acquisitions: EDI with Penguin Random House

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Fri Mar 27 10:16:38 EDT 2015

Hi,

On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 9:40 AM, Galen Charlton <gmc at esilibrary.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 9:18 AM, Codey Kolasinski
> <ckolasinski at cwmars.org> wrote:
>> put FAILED: put to ftp.penguinrandomhouse.com failed with error: Can't call method "put" on an undefined value at /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/OpenILS/Utils/RemoteAccount.pm line 584.
>>
>> Things I've tried so far to solve the issue:
>> update po_jedi file to include the new vendor
>> test ftp credentials from edi account info
>
> We recently ran into a case where this happened (with a different
> materials supplier), and it turned out that while the FTP credentials
> as stored in Evergreen *looked* correct... there was a trailing space
> that was causing the authentication to fail.

I've poked around further -- it looks like their FTP server doesn't
support the "account" command, so attempting an FTP login with
username, password, and FTP account will fail, while logging in with
just username and password will succeed.  What that means for the EDI
profile is that the account column should be null.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton
Infrastructure and Added Services Manager
email:  gmc at esilibrary.com
direct: +1 770-709-5581
cell:   +1 404-984-4366
skype:  gmcharlt