[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Duplicate entry in authors.tt2 (is this bug 958954?)

Janet Schrader jschrader at cwmars.org
Thu May 28 15:52:48 EDT 2015

I agree that the system supplied parenthetical terms are not useful and in the case of films “added author” is misleading. It’s much more informative to have persons associated with a film have that relationship described in the OPAC display rather than having all simply display as “Added author” as rarely are any authors.

We need development so that EG will correctly display the relator  terms in subfield ‘e’ as well as the relator codes in subfield ‘4’. Evergreen does not correctly display the relator terms in subfield ‘e’ so it shows these as plain text following the name.  Being able to display the terms in subfield ‘e’ would be a huge improvement as more and more RDA records are added with these terms.

700 1\ $a Hermann, Edward, 1943- $e narrator = Hermann, Edward. Narrator (Added author)

But

700 1\  $a Hermann, Edward, 1943- $4 nrt = Hermann, Edward, 1943- (Narrator)

A corollary to this is the problem that if the 7xx field has multiple subfield ‘4’s only of them displays, the last one. There are cases where a person may be a director, screenwriter, and actor.

Janet

Janet Schrader
Bibliographic Services Supervisor
C/W MARS, Inc.