[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] ERROR when trying to "bill a patron"

Walz, Jennifer jlwalz at asbury.edu
Tue Oct 20 14:46:10 EDT 2015

All –

Ok.  So even if I (global administrator) can’t see the billing types for the whole consortium, I need to make this ALSO available for the particular staff persons who will be adding bills?    That seems a bit odd, I have to say.   Why are not all billing types available to all staff logins?     Isn’t that rather logical?     I CAN understand that certain staff levels would not be able to ADD a billing to a patron, but if they have permission to do that, why restrict them to the TYPES of billing that they can see.

  And it seems to me that a global admin should be able to blanket do everything right?   Why are some things still individually needing to be selected.     Just a pet peeve of mine.  ☺

  In addition to that, the error message that it generated in this instance was completely NOT helpful.    In future updates, would it be possible to have a more helpful error come up?   That would be very nice.

Thanks!

Jennifer
Jennifer Walz, MLS - Head of Research & Distance Services
Kinlaw Library -  Asbury University
One Macklem Drive, Wilmore, KY 40390
859-858-3511 ext. 2269
jlwalz at asbury.edu