[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] ERROR when trying to "bill a patron"

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Tue Oct 20 15:04:34 EDT 2015

>   In addition to that, the error message that it generated in this instance
> was completely NOT helpful.    In future updates, would it be possible to
> have a more helpful error come up?   That would be very nice.

Whenever you see an error like that, it's essentially indicating a
bug, and is a last ditch effort to give you something.
Congratulations, you found a bug. :)  You can't expect bugs to be
nice; some don't get your attention at all, thus my suggestion to
check the Javascript Console.

Evergreen caters to a lot of different users; some want custom billing
types, and others using the same Evergreen instance may not want to
see them in their Bill Patron interface.  They're still global in the
sense that you can see them if you scrutinize a patron with such
bills.  Let us know if you're seeing otherwise.

There's no telling how your instance has been configured, so I can't
even tell you what a Global Administrator means in your context.  With
configurability comes complexity.

--
Jason Etheridge