[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] a flurry of newbie questions

tom scrawler at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 14:49:30 EDT 2016

Hi guys,

I have successfully installed evergreen 2.10.1  and the staff client on a
box I set up for the purpose. Now that I've achieved this particular
success, I have  a gazillion random, stupid, off-topic,  and potentially
rtfm-worthy questions about evergreen and library management. I hope I
don't become unbearably annoying.

First, I'd like to edit the default landing page to change colors, logos,
etc. Are there guidelines? I shouldn't have any problems with html or css,
but I was wondering if it was documented somewhere.

This may be wishful thinking, but can I add titles using nothing but a list
of isbns? I would love to generate shelf-ready spine and barcode labels
based on such a list. I've investigated marc records and the application
"marcedit", but gads, it's alot to process, and I was hoping evergreen
could help.

How about patron and title import from follette-destiny?

I'd like to put every existing book in my library's inventory into a list
by hand--title, author, description, and whatever else--and then get that
list into evergreen. Many books are old enough that there is no isbn
barcode to scan for the info.

That's enough for now. Are there places other than this list and irc for
community interaction? I'm following evergreen on google plus, but I
couldn't find much else. I don't do facebook or twitter.

Thanks, and thanks for your patience.