[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] a flurry of newbie questions

Ben Shum ben at evergreener.net
Sun Apr 10 09:57:50 EDT 2016

Hi Tom,

Welcome and cheers to your new installation!  This mailing list can be
a great place to ask questions, so do not worry about asking them.
Though, I will caveat that by saying we may not always have the answer
to your question and as a project of volunteers it can take a little
time too (especially on weekends) ;)

Re: 1) edit default landing page -- presuming you mean the main
catalog itself, there is some general documentation available in the
official Evergreen docs.  I'll point you to a link like
http://docs.evergreen-ils.org/2.10/_designing_your_catalog.html ,
there are probably other pages that may prove useful too.

I'll leave the ISBN/MARC/migration-like questions for some other folks
to attempt answering if they can.  Your questions sound like you're
trying to jumpstart your collection into Evergreen data doesn't sound
unreasonable in theory, but I don't have as much practical experience
on those approaches.  Getting a good source for "quality" MARC data
can be interesting, depending on how your catalogers feel about it...

As far as community interaction goes, the mailing list is definitely
the most visible communication method we have other than IRC.  Social
media is used sometimes for dispensing project announcements, but I do
not know how often the community uses it for actual interactions.

Hope this helps a little,

-- Ben