[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Loading MARC order records from vendors

Ann-Marie Breaux ABreaux at ybp.com
Mon Feb 22 02:04:20 EST 2016

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping you might be able to help me. YBP Library Services is a book vendor, and we have a few customers who use Evergreen. There are some who want to order on YBP's system and then load MARC records with order data in 9xx fields to create bib records and order records in Evergreen. Based on the documentation I've found, this seems to be do-able.

However I can't find any details regarding the actual 9xx data. Is it required to send the order data in certain 9xx fields, or is that configured by the library within Evergreen? If there are specific 9xx fields or order data elements that we should be outputting, I would be most grateful if someone could point me to the details.

In the Sitka documentation, I did find this:
A 970 holdings tag with subfields o, q, f, and e must included in each MARC record for the purchase order to successfully activate.

But then I couldn't find anything explaining what should be in those 970 fields.

Thanks in advance for any guidance anyone can provide.

Ann-Marie Breaux
Vice President, Academic Service Integration
YBP Library Services
Phone/fax: +1 (678) 445-5720
e-mail: abreaux at ybp.com<mailto:abreaux at ybp.com>