[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Loading MARC order records from vendors

Hardy, Elaine ehardy at georgialibraries.org
Mon Feb 22 08:55:13 EST 2016

Ann-Marie,

The 9xx field for holdings is configurable. In PINES, we use the 962. From
our set-up documentation and manual, which is still in draft form and not
posted yet:

The 962 tag will be used with the following subfields:

|b  Policy name = OWNING library

|c  Shelving/copy location

|f   Fund code

|g  Circulation modifier

|j  Call number

|p  Price

|q  Quantity

|u Barcode

|x  Other item attributes needed (ref/non ref; holdable/not holdable;
circulating/not circ;     visible/not visible) each item attribute gets a
separate |x

Additional Notes:

*       No currency symbol ($) in the price field

*       With the exception of subfield x, subfields with no data must
contain a single character of any type. Subfield x is the only subfield
which can remain empty.

Each library system/consortium can have their own 9xx and subfields
defined for their unique needs. There may be required information within
the field - i.e. Owning library, that others can assist you with. But, it
is my understanding that the specific field and subfields are configurable
otherwise. You may find that different Evergreen libraries will have
different fields/subfields; but, I believe a system or consortium should
have the same holdings field and subfields defined for the group as a
whole. For example, all PINES libraries would use the above configuration;
but Sitka uses a different one.

J. Elaine Hardy

PINES & Collaborative Projects Manager
Georgia Public Library Service