[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Loading MARC order records from vendors

Donald Butterworth don.butterworth at asburyseminary.edu
Mon Feb 22 09:00:50 EST 2016

Ann-Marie,

We always use this feature when adding bib records for purchased titles. It
allows us to generate and populate purchase orders and copy/item records on
import.

Field and subfields are *locally defined* in the system.

The field number (Holdings Tag) we use is 962. The subfield definitions we
use are:
i - barcode
a - call number
t - circ modifier
d - collection code
l - copy location
p - estimated price
b - fund code
o - owning library
c - quantity

Unfortunately not all of the subfields needed to completely define the
copy/item record are available when defining the 962 tag, thereby adding
another step in the receiving process.

Once that is done, each "Holding Subfields" must be manually added to every
vendor/provider record. (It would be very helpful if this configuration
defaulted, whenever provider records are created ... but I digress)

Once the initial Field and subfield definitions are established, the path
one takes to set up a provider record is as follows.
Admin > Server Administration >  Acquisitions > Provider > YBP

Hope that helps.

Don

--
Don Butterworth