[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] How can I fix 'libdb' things?

Chris Sharp csharp at georgialibraries.org
Mon Jan 4 13:52:21 EST 2016

Hi,

That particular test of settings-tester.pl is outdated and should either be updated or removed.  You can discover whether you have libdbd-pgsql installed on your system with the command 'dpkg -l | grep libdbd-pgsql'.  On my 14.04 system, that returns the following line:

ii  libdbd-pgsql:amd64                                0.9.0-2ubuntu2                       amd64        PostgreSQL database server driver for libdbi

That test was written at a time when it was recommended to install PostgreSQL from source, so it's only checking /usr/local/lib/dbd for the shared object file.  On a 64-bit 14.04 system, it's in /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dbd/ instead, but settings-testing.pl doesn't know that.

Hope that helps!

Chris