[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Competition for Evergreen?

Rogan Hamby rhamby at esilibrary.com
Sat May 7 19:40:20 EDT 2016

I read that article a week or so ago.  I won't say I share every opinion he
expressed but I will say there is substantial overlap between mine and
his.  I want new people thinking of new things, I think enthusiasm is great
but in the end I reserve enthusiasm for when there is something made.  I'm
not saying something has to be 100% working and polished but these are big
projects and getting to the first major milestone and demonstrating it
means something.  I'll be very interested when / if they get to that point.

I know this probably makes me a sourpuss to some folks but I tend to be
more dismissive of things with lots of buzzwords and no deliverables unless
I know the team has a solid record of delivering.  New teams, new projects,
new good intentions get good wishes from me but I won't hold my breath.

On Sat, May 7, 2016 at 3:08 PM, Yamil Suarez <ysuarez at berklee.edu> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Here is another less diplomatic take on this new phase of the Kuali
> Project.
>

> http://thoughts.care-affiliates.com/2016/04/the-ole-merry-go-round-spins-on.html
>
> I will continue to keep my eye on them since they are supposed to have a
> hyper focus on academic libraries, which of course is an interest to me/my
> library. I suspect there are certain things that the older Kuali code did
> or the future code may do that could give this community ideas.
>
> Later,
> Yamil

Rogan R. Hamby, Data and Project Analyst
Equinox - Open Your Library
rogan at esilibrary.com
1-877-OPEN-ILS | www.esilibrary.com