[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Staff Client - TypeError: document.getElementById("commonStrings") is null

Dan Strauss dans at datalogics.com
Fri Sep 23 16:13:41 EDT 2016

Hey all,

I've spent the last couple days installing the Evergreen server software and its required components and made it to the end of the instructions where I logged in via srfsh and got a success response back.

Now, I'm trying to connect to the server using the Staff Client on Windows. The server status check passes, but when I try to login I get a dialog box with the message in the subject line - TypeError: document.getElementById("commonStrings") is null.

I know it's not much to go off of, but could anyone tell me where I could start to figure out what the issue could be? The logs aren't too helpful as far as I can tell, and "document.getElementById("commonStrings")" is referenced in a few dozen places in the code, so I can't be sure where it's originating at the moment.

Thanks in advance!

Dan Strauss
Development Engineer
Datalogics, Inc.