[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Web Client - Z39.50 Interface

Sarah Childs sarahc at zionsvillelibrary.org
Mon Feb 5 12:41:14 EST 2018

I can't really visualize what you are proposing, and to me the display is
fine. (It all displays on the screen for me, no vertical or horizontal
scrolling) I thought the display was much more of an issue before the
webclient, when the MARC record displayed in the window below the search
panels.

The only scrolling issue I have for the Z39.50 page in the webclient is the
record view, where the cover image is stacked on top of the MARC record, so
you have to scroll past it to see the record.  If they were side by side,
the webclient display would be an improvement over the old client, were you
*do* have to scroll to see the whole MARC record, due to the windows as
noted above.

The other problem I have with the Z39.50 interface is that it when you have
multiple search results, it takes three clicks to look at each record.  It
would be much more useful if when you had multiple results, there were
next/back or arrow buttons so you could click through to view the different
results, rather than having to close the record you're looking at, click
the next record you want to look at, and then clicking view MARC.

--
Sarah Childs
Technical Services Department Head
sarahc at zionsvillelibrary.org