[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] The Web client -- an appreciation

Elaine Hardy ehardy at georgialibraries.org
Fri Jan 24 10:51:59 EST 2020

While updating an old local document on using record buckets, I am
constantly reminded how much the Web client improved the XUL client as I
replace screenshots and edit "how tos" for the PINES wiki. The menus and
the functionality they represent are more streamlined and efficient in the
Web client, removing extraneous steps, creating a more user friendly
interface. In many ways I am creating a whole new document because of those
improvements.

While I know we still have bugs and wishlist items to work through and the
angular client to complete, I think kudos are deserved for the whole
community -- from developers to users to testers to funders -- for the
constant work in improving Evergreen. I often communicate more about what
is wrong with the software especially through bug reports and just wanted
to take a few minutes to express my appreciation for what is right about
it.

Elaine

J. Elaine Hardy, PINES and Collaborative Projects Manager

Georgia Public Library Service

2872 Woodcock Blvd., Suite 250 | Atlanta, GA 30341

(404) 235-7128 | ehardy at georgialibraries.org

(404) 548-4241 | Cell

<https://www.facebook.com/georgialibraries>
<https://www.twitter.com/georgialibs>

of Georgia libraries making an impact in our communities.