[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Heads up for Angular translators

Bill Erickson berickxx at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 12:02:07 EDT 2020

Hi Eva,

On Mon, Mar 9, 2020 at 6:00 AM Cerninakova Eva <cernin at jabok.cz> wrote:

> Hi Bill,
>
> I have two questions about Angular translations
>
> 1) Would it be possible to provide some feedback like comments or
> explanation to strings containing variables or part of code (preferably
> right in Poeditor) which part of the string to translate and which not.
> It seems obvious , that the parts in quotation marks should not be
> translated, but in some cases I guess it applies not only to the parts
> enclosed in quotation marks.
> E. g. in the string:
> *Error generating print content for template name="<ph
> I suppose the
> *name=*
> is part of the code too and only the
> *Error generating print content for template*
> should be translated (but I would like to be sure about it ;-) )

It should be safe to ignore any text wrapped in XML elements, specifically
the <ph /> elements.  In this example, the following text chunks are meant
to be translated:

[ Error generating print content for template name=" ]
[ " ] -- after the last </ph>

The name= bit does look like code here, but it's just part of the display
message.

-b