[Eg-oversight-board] Election process, officer elections, and executive sessions

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Wed Mar 23 14:41:59 EDT 2016

Hi all,

Great discussion on the elections process and officer elections. As I've
been following along, I wanted to present an alternate viewpoint to this
suggestion

> How do you all feel about a proposal that members newly elected to the
> EOB (e.g. in their first ever EOB term) may not be nominated to core
> roles of Chair, Vice-chair, Secretary, or Conservancy Representative?
> They can, however, be nominated to serve as committee chairs.
  While this may be a good rule in the majority of cases, we also may be
reaching a point where we start to see some returnees to the Board who
may be better equipped to take on a core role their first year on the
Board. Or, it may be a person who has developed a good relationship with
the Conservancy through other projects (e.g. conference planning), and
would be the ideal person to serve as a Conservancy rep.

Those are just some scenarios you might want to consider while
discussing the question.

/me recedes into the shadows again.

Kathy

Kathy Lussier