[Evergreen-catalogers] More Deposit item bugs

Hardy, Elaine ehardy at georgialibraries.org
Fri Apr 19 14:50:45 EDT 2013

Two more bugs that might be relevant:

Deposit charged again on renewal of deposit item

In EG 2.3.4

For items with deposit flag set to yes and deposit amount indicated in
item attributes, we expect the deposit amount to be charged on checkout
and not charged again on subsequent renewal.

Currently, there is a bug that charges deposit amounts on initial checkout
and on renewal. This means that PINES patrons can be charged up to three
times rather than once and library staff must void those amounts charged
on renewal.

Expected behavior for deposit items is for the deposit to be charged only
on checkout but not again on renewal.

Tags: cataloging circulation collection deposit

For EG 2.3.4

For items with deposit flag set to yes and deposit amount indicated in
item attributes, the system indicates that a refund is due the patron. The
deposit refund is not automatically applied to the patron account as
expected and staff must manually void the deposit on the patron account in
order to reconcile the account.

We expect the system to automatically apply the refund on check in as it
automatically applies the deposit on checkout. We also expect that once
library staff refunds the amount to the patron, the account be reconciled.

Tags: cataloging billing circulation deposit items

Elaine

  _____

J. Elaine Hardy
PINES Bibliographic Projects & Metadata Manager
Georgia Public Library Service
1800 Century Place, Ste 150
Atlanta, Ga. 30345-4304

404.235-7128