[Evergreen-catalogers] Multilingual searching in the OPAC

Janet Schrader jschrader at cwmars.org
Wed Mar 20 18:32:35 EDT 2019

Hi Jane,

Thanks for the clarification. I thought the searches had to use the boolean
search strings and was hoping that wasn't true. I thought the development
would put language as a choice in the advanced search drop-down so that
patrons could construct searches that way.  Doing that would allow users to
enter titles and/or authors or subjects to find bilingual or multilingual
works. For example a teacher looking for bilingual Chinese and English
juvenile fiction.

Janet

Janet Schrader

Bibliographic Services Supervisor | CW MARS

67 Millbrook Street, Suite 201, Worcester, MA 01606

P: 508-755-3323 x 325 | F: 508-757-7801

jschrader at cwmars.org  ||  http;//cwmars.org <http://www.cwmars.org/>